The Odd Wife


Saturday, February 11, 2006

Date Night

I took SG to her Valentine's Day Dance with EH last night, where she jumped around to loud music. EH refused to dance with me even when I pleaded for him to join me for "Dancing Queen".

I returned home at about 8:30 and opened the door to a dim condo, lit by candle. The smell of an amazing meal immediately hit me and the table was set with a spinach salad topped with crunchies, croutons, cheddar cheese. There was a red foil wrapped chocolate rose on my plate and a bottle of red wine on the table. PC served up artichokes, ribeye steaks and loaded enormous baked potatoes. It was delicious.

Dinner was slightly stilted by the topic hanging over us. During the meal, his cell phone was vibrating with calls, presumably from STBX wife. He ignored them.

We talked only a little about it. He reassured me again that he had no desire to return to her and I admitted to worrying about it.

We adjourned to the bedroom where I was treated to a baby oil massage before the more sensual activities began. Again, it was over as I was just warming up and when I protested, PC suggested a break before "round two".

"Round two" never happened. PC flipped on the TV and I eventually fell asleep. It should have been a perfect date night, but it just didn't completely come together.

Today PC has his boys and then he's having dinner with STBX and the kids for his son's birthday. I don't quite know how I feel, but my mindset today seems to be to just let it all flow. The bottom line is that she wants him back and is going to try to win him back. If he can be "won" back, then he was never really mine, was he? What I mean is that if he has even the slightest desire to be with someone else, then he needs to not be with me anyways so why worry over it?

What I have to remember is what I want/need in a partner. Someone who challenges me, inspires me, stands beside me and who is prepared to commit to me and be faithful. If PC is that man, he's not going anywhere. And, if he's not, then the sooner he goes, the better.

So, I suppose I did make some progress, huh?

I'm going to head off to the beach for a bit of fun in the sun before the cold weather dawns on us. It's gorgeous outside in the high 70's with an expected high of 80, but then tomorrow it is supposed to plummet into the 30's. Only in Florida...

Posted by Red :: 11:32 AM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com