The Odd Wife


Sunday, January 29, 2006

The Day Before the New Life

Tomorrow starts my new job and I am both nervous and excited. PC's new job officially starts tomorrow also. An ironic twist for us. He's going to be on track to make a shit-load of money (certainly more than I imagined seeing in my life) and I'll be working with a salary more generous than I've gotten in a few years myself. Between the both of us, I am expecting financial woes to be long behind us. In fact, I am excited about the possibilities.

I spent most of the day in a coma. Apparently the travel caught up to me and I dropped off and wasted an entire day in a stupifyingly sound sleep. I woke groggy and sluggish and had to drag myself off to do the promised grocery shopping courtesy of PC.

I cooked a Chinese feast tonight to celebrate the Chinese New Year. SG, still obsessed with Asia, wore a kimono to dinner and regaled us both with her Asian knowledge. PC is looking into taking us both to Beijing for the 2008 Olympics which has SG on cloud 9.

I feel like I am on the verge of something incredible. Certainly a better life. I've never known another life beyond paycheck to paycheck while PC once lived in a fine mansion and traveled the world spending $10,000 a month on dining out. He's anxious to get back to it and I am prepared to learn a new way of life. I'm comfortable around people who have money, but having it myself will be something new and unusual. I once imagined I wouldn't enjoy it but I have to admit I am already mentally spending it on professional hair cuts, gym memberships and furnishing our condo.

I imagine adapting won't be too much of a problem.

It should take a few months to catch up on my way late bills but then I should have the luxury of socking away some extra cash for rainy days.

PC spent the day with his boys and seems to have come to some understanding with his STBX on his son's birthday. I'm relieved. Now I can let her live without my foot up her ass.

Wish me luck tomorrow...I have no clue what to expect!

Posted by Red :: 11:37 PM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com