The Odd Wife


Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Chi-town

I kissed PC goodbye this morning and jumped a train to Chicago's downtown. 8 hours later and my feet are numb!

I walked for miles. I ice-skated in Millennium (sic?) Park's outdoor rink, went to the top of the Sears tower and savored a hot dog with everything on it. Ordinary hot dogs will never be the same...my word, those are fucking amazing!

As I write this, PC just stopped in for a quick break and smothered me with kisses. I just can't help beaming around him. With the new jobs for us both and so much stress off my shoulders, I am finally getting to actually enjoy him and I am awestruck by him.

It took time. First, I had to learn to stop comparing his every breath to EH. Then I had to survive the stress. But I'm lucky to have made it through and STILL have him by my side. I couldn't begin to describe how good he is for me. And I still have a million moments a day where I look at him and think "Wow...he's mine!"

On other notes - thank all of you for your comments. I really do read them religiously and every one of them makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. I got a few emails telling me some other blog has "stolen" large portions of my blog and I checked it out for myself. Yep. There they were! It doesn't bother me since I just ramble on. Heck, I'm just amazed someone bothered at all!

It's been so long since I have been this happy...but I'm beginning to truly believe it was all worth the wait.

Posted by Red :: 6:04 PM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com