The Odd Wife


Monday, January 16, 2006

I Have a Dream...

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." --- Martin Luther King Jr.

Everyone knows MLK Jr's "I have a dream..." quote, but the one I have listed above is truly my favorite. Thank you to all who spoke about a blog change, but I'm going to stick it out in one place and stop censoring myself. My thoughts range from the important to mundane and to love me is to know them both. Should someone read something that is so powerful that it alters their interactions with me, then so be it.

10 minutes before 9 am my cell phone rang and I've been called back for a 2nd interview. I have enough pride to read into the early call and the fact that my agent (employment service) said that the company had responded to him over the weekend to feel good about this possible job. Confident even. How long has it been since I could feel confident?

PC has gone to help a friend and I am left to stretch in my home and prepare for what I hope will be a great interview.

I'm finding small pieces of myself again. Not enough to be whole, but at least some scraps of the person I remember being once. Now I suppose it's a matter of putting them back together and finding out who I am now. I know I've changed. The last 2 years have been full of such huge life-changing events...

The new job will be a really positive first step towards reclaiming a life to call mine. I've been weak for, well, weeks and it's time to get back on my feet.

And it feels good...

Posted by Red :: 9:32 AM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com