The Odd Wife


Saturday, January 14, 2006

“Depression is the inability to construct a future” --- Rollo May

I found this quote and couldn't help but recognize myself in this one. I have been under major depression and have felt unable to construct a future.

It looks like I may be turning a corner.

PC has several income solutions coming his way and I interviewed for what appears to be a GREAT job with an AMAZING (and uber-successful!) company working in a high-level position. And...they liked me. They want to meet with me again - hopefully Monday!

The future seems so much brighter. I can breathe...

Friday night I was in a jolly mood for the first time in weeks and PC had his turn at "date night". (We rotate Friday nights). Since we're still broke, PC cooked me a fine meal of steak, artichoke hollandaise and spinach salad served with wine in the flickering glow of candles with soft music filling the house. The bedroom was another sea of candles and offered a blindfold, a wooden hanger and a sex toy. I'll spare you the details except to say...whew!

I feel a tiny bit better...

Cross your fingers for me?

Posted by Red :: 8:42 PM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com