The Odd Wife


Thursday, January 19, 2006

Downgrading...Wife to Girlfriend

There should be a class or something.

How does a woman make a transition to "girlfriend" status after 10 years of being a wife? I admit, I am floundering here.

The last time I was a "girlfriend", I was in high school. Now I am not only a girlfriend, but a live-in girlfriend. How much trickier does it get?

I have no say so in how PC lives his life or planning for a future beyond the next few weeks. I can't assume anything with him. He can come and go as he pleases and I suppose I can too. I can't comment on finances or family or future plans because, frankly, it's none of my business and I should be grateful for what he DOES share, right?

It's not that PC isn't wonderful. I really should blog more about how amazing he is. And if I were an ordinary, sane girl - this would be a snap! He's kind, loving, sexy-as-hell and easy to get along with. He's the perfect man. But me, I'm a 10 year veteran wife who has no idea how I am or am not supposed to behave as a newly downgraded wife-to-girlfriend.

I'm still working on this downgrade, so bear with me. PC's still amazing. I'm the one who's confused as hell. I admit that I miss the "stability" of a marriage but primarily because I just can't quite figure out my boundaries in this girlfriend role.

So far, I have come to realize it involves a lot of cooking...

Posted by Red :: 10:00 PM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com