The Odd Wife


Thursday, January 19, 2006

Nowhere to go but up, I suppose.

Still no word on the job, after a stellar 2nd interview. The word is that it looks very optimistic for me, but the lack of an offer days later has me concerned (and broke!).

I'm recovering from a night out with PC, my sister and her fiancee. We hung out at Blue Martini in West Palm Beach and I drank martinis. I don't usually like martinis, but the Raspberry Sweet Tart they served me was especially delicious and damned if that drink didn't sneak up on me. I was fine one moment and 3 later I realized I was loaded. By the time I got home I was in pain and by the time I was in bed I was in agony. A night of excruciating head pain and vomiting. I thought I was a dead woman. On the bright side, PC has now been exposed to the symphonic sounds of my retching and purports to still love me.

I'm floundering a bit without the job offer I was counting on...today I may actually have to spend the day cleaning. God help me.

Posted by Red :: 7:59 AM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com