The Odd Wife


Thursday, December 29, 2005

Just Venting

I'm aggravated. Through and through. And I'm not alone.

For lack of anything better to do, I decided to bitch here. You're probably better off just skipping this post, but at least I can have my temper tantrum here and be done with it. You don't have to listen, this one's just for me.

First, I have nothing to do at work. Well, I take that back, I had 2 files to post-close or "tidy-up" which were a mess and done as a favor and I have PC's deal to get closed.

Now, when you work to get a file closed, you work with an underwriter who clears all of your conditions. My underwriter is on the other side of the country, 3 hours behind me. Approvals I should have had, never came and today being crunch time left me scrambling and battling to get her to cooperate with me. In the middle of that, PC takes the file from me to the company owner to let her fight it because I couldn't get anyone on the phone before 11:30 am my time. No one had come in before 8:30 their time.

Thanks. Guess that frees up MY day. Meanwhile, I feel horrible. PC clearly has no faith in me getting this done and even worse, the last task I had was taken away. After about 45 minutes I managed to get this u/w on the phone and get things moving again without the owner's help and PC had to go get the file and bring it back to me.

Nonetheless, it stung. I understand how important this deal is to him. I understand completely. It's important to me too. But the complete lack of confidence in me has me wondering just how it is that he sees me. And now both of us are strained together. Sick, stressed, irritated.

Perfect.

On top of all of this, I feel like crap. PC's cold was apparently the rare "contagious" kind which means I have a pounding headache, an annoying cough, stuffy nose and a bitchy attitude.

Yes, I know I'm bitchy. I'm not even mad, just really stung by the whole day.

And, unfortunately, PC's normal response to bitchiness is to just pull away. So, he's pulling, he's sick and he's under pressure too.

I wonder if we'll still be in love by 5 pm at this rate. What a rotten day all around. You can't imagine how badly I just want to get in my car and start driving in a random direction for the next 27 hours to figure this life out. If I hit the semi-cool waters of the Atlantic in the first 30 minutes, is that a sign to keep driving in?

I hope your day is better than mine.

Posted by Red :: 1:23 PM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com