The Odd Wife


Thursday, May 05, 2005

Ode to an Odd Existence

It's true. I'm really scared about my surgery tomorrow. Wimpishly scared. Childishly scared. I tried to convince my office to insist that I come to work...they refused and told EH to make sure I got to my surgery on time.

Tonight is the worst. Preparing for a few days of...what? Pain?

Time for a different approach.

My life is good. Sure, finances are always a problem...but look at what I have! I have EH and SG and a home overflowing with love and fun.

Last night, lying in bed, I stroked EH's cheek and beamed at him as we snuggled close.

"I love running my hands through your lush, dark hair and gazing into your beautiful eyes - two limpid pools of aqua green"

EH chuckled.

"Now you say something romantic to me..."

EH grins..."You're all snuggle-able".

Me, "THAT'S romantic?!?" I push him away.

EH adds, "Oh...yeah. And your limpid pools."

:::pause:::

EH asks, "Do you even know what limpid means?"

Me, "No! Damn! I can't believe you called me on that! I was sure I used it right!"


We laugh. We love. We take care of each other. We're partners - 50/50 all the way in caring for our daughter, our home, our families...

He feels so incredible to me. The warmth of his skin. His thick hair. His muscular arms. His seriously sexy abdomen. His rock hard ass (I swear to the Goddess you could bounce a quarter off it)...

I've rambled, I know. My point was, whatever happens tomorrow - I've loved and been loved. What more could I ever ask for?

Posted by Red :: 8:59 PM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com