The Odd Wife


Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Blog-a-thon Question #3 from Ed

3. What has been the proudest moment of your life?

I've taken days to think this one through. This is the hardest question I think I have ever had to answer. I was tempted to say I don't have one. The problem is that it's a bit of a trick question really. I can't tell you my favorite color, song, movie or book either. I have millions of favorites.

Then it occured to me. It was simple really. It was the moment I said "I do" to EH.

It's the one time in my life that I believed in something so strongly. It's the one "right" choice I made, and believe me, it was a hard choice! I risked every safe thing I knew, every friend, every family member - my very soul - but I just knew EH was the one.

Everyone thought I was crazy. I had run away from my childhood sweetheart, practically at the altar (okay, on the honeymoon) and straight into EH's arms. But that night, when we locked eyes in the hot church and became man and wife, it all changed...the same people who thought I was insane kept remarking on my smile and how incredibly happy I looked.

You could never understand how terrifying it was to choose EH when everyONE and everyTHING suggested I was making a mistake. Only my heart told me this was right. And it was then that I learned to trust and follow my heart.

Posted by Red :: 8:33 PM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com