The Odd Wife


Friday, June 03, 2005

Dreams...

I had some very interesting dreams last night.

In one dream, I was at a grand party where a woman released tiny baby black doves into the sky in celebration of an event. The baby doves weren't quite so eager to fly and most began to land back on the ground. Beside me, two baby doves landed and flittered about.

A very large black hawk watched from a tree branch and swooped suddenly, catching both in one scoop in it's powerful beak. I somehow managed to grab this hawk in a headlock mid-swoop and was struggling to rescue the babies. The hawk released and escaped. One baby fell dead to the ground. The other was smashed, broken and dead against me, tangled in the crotched sweater I wore. And no one could free it.

According to Dream Moods.com, to see a hawk in your dream, denotes suspicions are lurking around you and your activities. You need to proceed with caution. To see doves in your dream, symbolizes peace, tranquility, harmony, and innocence. In particular, to see white doves in your dream, symbolizes loyalty and friendships.

In my dream, the hawk killed both doves even as I tried to protect them and I ended up with one smashed all over me.

I was made an offer last night. A management position with a company that is established, but in restructuring mode. I was promised the moon and stars. I was offered a large salary increase. I was offered all the opportunity in the world. Promises of bonuses and rewards and perks. All by a woman (the woman who released the doves in my dream) who was once employed by my present employers.

I want this change. I want the money, the position, the opportunity. But, my dream is making me pause...

Can you see why?

Posted by Red :: 9:09 AM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com