The Odd Wife


Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Don't Want to...

I feel like a pouting little girl, with arms folded sternly and lower lip extended just so.

I don't want to...

I don't want to check my bank account and see my balance...I know I spent too much money this weekend.

I don't want to cook dinner tonight. I forgot to defrost things and I'm tired and cranky.

I don't want to sit here at work. I'm tired. I want my bed. My best friend and I aren't speaking and since we work together it makes for a rotten day of seeing who can out-ignore the other.

I don't want to go to the hospital tonight to see Barb (landlady). I hate hospitals, they freak me out, and I'm tired! And if it IS meningitis, I don't want any MORE exposure to it.

I don't want to fold, hang and put away the MONSTEROUS pile of clean clothes on my couch. There's too much of it.

I don't want to clean my house at all. I want to go home and lie down in my bed with the remote control and a cold drink and be left alone.

I don't want to put down my brand new book. I love when you buy a new book and really get into it! I reread my poor books until they are dust so a new, shiny book is an incredible treat! I am reading The Time Traveler's Wife and really enjoying it!

I don't want to face that long, long traffic congested ride home...

I don't want to have to clobber EH today, but I know it's coming. It started when he called me this morning to tell me he had just accidentally thrown our only bank debit/atm card into a post office mailbox this morning. Fortunately I pleaded with a mail-woman to retrieve it for me and promised to beat my husband later.

I don't want to do much of anything. Are you sure it isn't Monday? Because it sure feels like one! My energy is just sapped and I'm as lethargic as can be - which is strange since I am kicking ass at my pile of work today.

I hope your day was better - or at least that your attitude was!

Posted by Red :: 3:31 PM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com