The Odd Wife


Friday, May 27, 2005

You had to know...

You had to know that the drama wouldn't stop as simply as that, right?

Regarding my landlady, they are now thinking it was not a stroke. They thought she had some sort of infection and last night they used the word "meningitis".

We've all been with her. Touching her, rubbing her head, cleaning her house up, handling her and her things. SG spent hours with her last week watching TV together and keeping her company.

If it truly is meningitis, we've all been exposed. The thing that scares me the most, the first thought in my mind was "Allison". Allison is a pregnant co-worker that I adore. If I have exposed her, if I have infected her or her unborn child...I just do not know how to live with that after losing my son last year.

We're worried, but in wait and see mode. One thing we know is that all the nurses and doctors are saying she won't last much longer. It's time to say our goodbyes.

I tried to remember the last words I spoke to her. I don't know for sure. On Tuesday night, I'm sure it was "You're going to be okay, don't worry", which was a lie. Does it count if she wasn't coherent? Do I have to think back to the last words when she was?

If so, they were probably "See you later, Barb!"

Posted by Red :: 9:02 AM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com