The Odd Wife


Saturday, May 28, 2005

Today is a Good Day.

Today is a very good day. I just woke up in a great mood - slept late, dreamt lovely dreams, woke to an aroused husband. My paycheck hit my bank early, I have a great opportunity in front of me and my garden is just full of colorful blooms.

Soon we'll be heading off to a rousing game of Laser Quest with my best friend, M and her two boys.

If you've never played Laser Quest, you've missed out. Us "grown-ups" have as much fun as the kids. You suit up in a vest with laser gun and enter a dark, smokey arena with tons of maze-like walls and catwalks (two levels). You get about a 10 second head start before it's "game on" and your mission is to shoot everything that moves. When you get shot, your laser stops working for 15-30 seconds. At the end, the one with the most direct hits to opponents wins. We love it.

My landlady is in status quo condition. She's still unresponsive, but appearing to respond to the antibiotics. Her two daughters are in town and we're waiting on them as I write this to discuss the situation.

Oh - I had added those points/rewards programs to my left side column under "Online Nifties" at the top. I love the Free Ride one. I have about 35,000 points and I already qualify to redeem them for restaurant gift cards, but I'm saving for the $50 Walmart cards, etc. for the holiday shopping fun. I signed up for a few spam-y email things on a special email account and once or twice a week I open it and just click through all the email links. It takes about 15 minutes. I have a new one for you today. NFO's My Survey is another of my favorites. They email you really short surveys (maybe 2 minutes to take?) and send you products to try, etc. You get 10-20 points per survey. Occasionally a really long survey comes and is worth many more points...these points are redeemable for cash or gift cards. Definitely worth checking out. I've done this one for years and was so happy to find it again.

Posted by Red :: 4:25 PM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com