The Odd Wife


Saturday, May 07, 2005

The Best Medicine!

It's true that the pain meds prescribed by the surgeon help, but they have drawbacks too...making me queasy, etc.

Fortunately for me, the very best medicine is free and plentiful.

EH has a bit of a magic effect on me. He always has and I've come to depend on it more than I could ever depend on a chemical to fix me. No matter how sick or scared or awful I feel, he has this incredible ability to comfort and soothe me. He says nothing, just sits or lies close to me. He strokes my skin, my hair, my back. He holds me close and like magic I feel a sense of peace come over me. The sickness is still there. The pain is still there. Only I become ever so slightly less aware of it. I'm too busy focusing on the gentle, loving touch of the man I love.

Sounds so sappy, doesn't it? But it's true. I don't understand it myself, but I swear by it. Somehow, after all these years, I am still completely head over heels for this man.

And, no. I am not under the influence right now. My last dose was at 6:30 and should be just wearing off.

I am a big fan of many other blogs. I try to list them all in my links, but I get lazy in updating sometimes. I do read other blogs quite a bit though and I am always interested in people's lives. I am sometimes sad when I read of a wife who wishes she could manage to feel this way for her spouse again. I wish there was some method to it, but the truth is - I genuinely just got lucky. Far luckier than I deserve.

My husband is not perfect. But I am truly and completely in love with him. And after more than 10 years, he still ignites that spark in me.

And times like this, when I hurt or feel horrible, I am so lucky to have this to turn to for comfort.

Posted by Red :: 10:05 PM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com