The Odd Wife


Thursday, October 06, 2005

About Last Night...

It doesn't get any better. Opening night, first game of the season. Private suite, drop-dead center ice. Catered. Champagne. Wine. Beer. Food.

All my friends around me.

Game on!

It was one of those nights that you know they'd show in slow motion on The O.C. to some theme song. Laughing, cheering. Me, Even Husband, SillyGirl (daughter), BestFriendM, PlayBoy, GMan, LadyR and even my Dad... all sitting together in a private suite. The Florida Panthers challenged the Atlanta Thrashers, and I admit they were a little sloppy. Nothing like the smoothness of Sunday's preseason game. But our goalie, the omnipotent Roberto Luongo stopped everything that came at him for another shut-out. 2-0. He truly is amazing.

#55, Sean Hill once again spent most of the game in the penalty box making him emerge as my potential new favorite player. I always like the bad boys.

It was a perfect night.

On the other hand, not so much. I used to have these recurring dreams that were very problematic. They confused and upset me. They stopped and I was able to breathe a sigh of relief and here they are again. Intense, vivid dreams. I feel on the verge of tears. They disturb me so much. And no, I can't say what they're about.

Posted by Red :: 7:55 AM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com