The Odd Wife


Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Little Things

It's the little things that make me love my husband as much as I do.

Don't get me wrong, I crave those grand movie gestures that make a girl go all weak-kneed, but the little things sustain.

It's the way he still opens my door every time after 10 years. Tonight, I was griping about sticking to my diet and mentioned I should go buy some carb-free items to refocus and he helped me figure out the best time to go, and even offered to make dinner so I could go. When I returned, dinner was nearly ready and he had made my brussels sprouts (which I love and he hates) just because he remembered me vaguely mentioning I wanted to have them.

It's little things. It's how he comes outside to help me carry in groceries without me having to ask.

After 10 years, I still notice the little things. I still appreciate them. I practically swooned when I noticed the brussels sprouts simmering in water on the stove at how thoughtful he was. You would have thought he had given me roses for my reaction.

I have to believe these little things are a huge part of why we're happy.

In your own searches, don't forget to notice, appreciate and do the little things...

Posted by Red :: 9:13 PM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com