The Odd Wife


Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Lost Insights

I wrote a post. Blogger ate it. Damn.

It was insightful, witty and entertaining. Really. Maybe I will re-write it later.

In the meantime, as a gesture of goodwill...an amusing email forwarded to me:

Why Math is Taught in School (Written by a very wise man)

I was riding to work yesterday when I observed a female driver cut right in
front of a pickup truck, causing him to have to drive on to the shoulder to
avoid hitting her. This evidently angered the driver enough that he hung his
arm out his window and "flipped" the woman off. "Man, that guy is stupid,"
I thought to myself. I ALWAYS smile nicely and wave in a sheepish manner
whenever a female does anything to me in traffic, and here's why: I drive
48 miles each way, every day, to work. That's 96 miles each day. Of these, 16
miles each way is bumper-to-bumper. Most of the bumper-to-bumper is on an
8-lane highway. There are 7 cars every 40 feet for 32 miles. That works out
to be 982 cars every mile, or 31,424 cars. Even though the rest of the 32 miles
is not bumper-to-bumper, I figure I pass at least another 4000 cars. That
brings the number to something like 36,000 cars that I pass every day.
Statistically, females drive half of these. That's 18,000 women drivers.

In any given group of females, 1 in 28 has PMS. That's 642. According to
Cosmopolitan, 70% describe their love life as dissatisfying or unrewarding.
That's 449. According to the National Institute of Health, 22% of all females

have seriously considered homicide. That's 98. And 34% describe men
as their biggest problem. That's 33. According to the National Rifle
Association, 5% of all females carry weapons, and this number is increasing.
That means that EVERY SINGLE DAY, I drive past at least one female that
has a lousy love life, thinks men are her biggest problem, has seriously
considered homicide, has PMS, and is armed.

Flip one off? ....... I think not.

Posted by Red :: 11:50 AM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com