The Odd Wife


Monday, October 31, 2005

Update

I'll tell you as much as I can as quick as I can...

Hurricane Wilma has been a lesson in life, let me tell you. South Florida has been transformed into a 3rd world country of sorts. Fuel is precious and you can wait hours to put a small amount of gas in your car. Perishable foods are hard to find.

Our roof ripped off over our heads in the middle of the worst of the storm and we literally huddled in a downstairs bathroom worrying that we could be seriously harmed.

We're staying with my friends, BestFriendM and her husband. Stressful, to say the least. We have power now, but we're camping on a couch and I haven't slept in damned near a week.

PlayBoy has become my anchor. He took me to a condo on Wednesday and showed me a gorgeous condo unit and when I agreed that I liked it, he made a phone call...

...and bought it. Bought it and is going to rent it to us. What the hell do you say to that? Thanks?

We're surviving. That's the best I can offer. I'm stressed to the point of a coma and have never imagined life in these circumstances.

I miss you all. I hope to be back soon - a week? Keep checking in, keep commenting and keep us in your prayers. The support really does make me feel better.

Posted by Red :: 2:15 PM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com