The Odd Wife


Wednesday, July 20, 2005

You've worked 105 1/2 hours, what are you going to do now?

...go to Disney World, of course!

Sortof.

I leave after work tomorrow with half the company to attend the annual state industry tradeshow. The mortgage industry is a bawdy one and the tradeshows are partially about marketing and largely about drunken debauchery. Once I would have been eager to attend, now I am just dreading leaving EH and SG.

The week has been hellacious, to say the least. One house came so close to being mine and fell apart at the last minute. I'm really nervous about our housing situation. I just haven't had a spare minute to address it. EH and I are both working hard and crashing into bed for a few hours of precious sleep. But we're making some headway.

My department is getting training. I'm doing all I can to bring them up to speed in a fraction of the usual time. I am extremely pleased to note that EH is picking things up in this new career much faster than the rest. In a few short days, I pounded him with training and he's made huge leaps and bounds. I am so proud of him.

There are still kinks to be worked out and pressure to cope with, but it's coming together. Business is booming and I am enjoying my role as department head/manager. I just need to find the balance.

Posted by Red :: 11:38 PM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com