The Odd Wife


Saturday, July 02, 2005

There's a bluebird on my shoulder...

Woke with a smile on my face and a song in my heart. Snuggled close to my still naked husband. My hands immediately search out the one part of him that IS awake.

Cinnamon rolls for breakfast, trading jokes, laughing, bickering in the way we do (not seriously, but we joke-bicker)....

I'm worried a bit over moving. It's going to be more money than we have and ... well, I don't quite have it figured out yet. I thought it would be simple. Look for an apartment, find one, move.

Not quite.

The housing market in our area has gone through the roof. Property values have literally tripled and quadrupled in the past 12 months. A $60,000 condo from last year is now selling for $220,000. It's a pure sellers market and buyers are lining up and begging for a purchase. It's not uncommon for a home to have 20+ offers in the first 24 hours of being listed for sale, with 98% of the offers higher than the asking price. As a result, two things have happened to renters like us: One, a tremendous number of apartments have gone condo conversion to jump on the bandwagon. Two, the demand for rentals has increased beyond the supply. The first place we stopped, there were 14 people in the leasing office for 2 vacant apartments available in the next 30 days. She showed us the one model as a large tour group. 4 people left deposits that I saw. And that was just one hour of one day.

I'm concerned.

We saw War of the Worlds tonight with friends. Scary as hell. I had a kung-fu grip on EH during the entire thing. My hand is still sore.

Some things to put smiles on YOUR face:

Man vs. Bear - video here

Work it baby....video here

Terry Tate Goes Corporate - video here

Posted by Red :: 11:24 PM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com