The Odd Wife


Monday, July 04, 2005

Proud to be an American

Happy 4th of July!
I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed this 3-day weekend. Chock full of fantastic sex, laughter, fun and relaxation.
We gave SG a bit of a makeover yesterday. We put two chunky bright blonde face framing streaks into her newly cut dirty blonde hair and this morning we gave one of them a thin strand of neon pink. She's loving her edgy new look and EH and I are probably the only parents on earth who cater to a 9 year old's desire to express her independence. SG is a major brainiac and has a VERY nice personality - so she can get labeled as a 'geek' easily enough based on glasses and brains. She's anything BUT a geek, so when she asked if she could give her look a tougher edge, we were right on board. She's really into the Anime', Tokyo, Cyber Punk styles. I think shopping for school clothes might be a heck of a lot more interesting this year.
We're heading to S&M's house for the day of fun, food and (hopefully) no fighting. They're having a rough time.
It's back to work tomorrow and I dread it just a little bit. At the same time, I see a lot of hope in it and I'm looking forward to the challenge.
With so much going on, I haven't forgotten the meaning of this day. It's not just a day off with pretty explosions...it's the day that seems to celebrate everything this country stands for. Freedom. Justice. Democracy. I'm proud to be an American even if I am not always proud of things Americans do...
But I do take pride in the victories. I watched the clip of NASA during the Deep Impact collision this morning and it brought tears to my eyes. What an amazing moment in history. I can not wait to see what they discover. Way to go, NASA! If you haven't seen the video, CNN is linking it.
Love to you all today.

Posted by Red :: 11:45 AM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com