The Odd Wife


Saturday, April 23, 2005

Thank God I'm 32

My home has been overrun with prepubescent girls and all I can think of is how I would never go back to that age.

SG has 2 friends spending the night tonight for her first real slumber party. The 2 girls are from different schools and had never met...so, of course they have bonded tight leaving SG as the Odd Child out. So far, SG is oblivius to it because she's the kind of kid who isn't concerned with those things...but she's bound to have a conflict.

At the moment, Cheerleading Friend and School Friend are sneaking around, whispering to each other while SG is contentedly watching a movie. Not jsut any movie. Cheerleading Friend's parents have some super secret connection that somehow magically produces DVDs of movies that are just now in theaters. We currently have Robots and Because of Winn-Dixie for the night.

I'm such a fool. I had the girls arrive at noon. It's been and is going to be a long, long day. My normally quiet home is overrun with giggly, laughing, screeching, running, jumping, twirling short people.

I spent my afternoon in professional negotiations with Mr. Opportunity. So far, so good. We'll see if he balks at the sum of money I suggested. If he doesn't...well, there could be some serious life changes.

I have growing frustration with EH's lack of career motivation. I keep trying to remind him that we have a family to support and that I can't do it alone, but so far - there's been no changes. I'm honestly not sure how much more I can take...financially or emotionally! I love him so much, but I need a partner to help support this family of ours!

Posted by Red :: 5:38 PM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com