The Odd Wife


Thursday, April 28, 2005

Sensuality vs. Sexuality

Is anyone else watching the Bravo series Forty Deuce?

Forty Deuce features a burlesque show featuring sensuous performances by very talented female dancers. It's sexy, but not in the stripper way. The dancers are incredibly talented without the over-the-top posturing you might expect of a burlesque dancer.

Personally, I am addicted to the costumes they wear. I love them. I want them. I crave them.

The show is so-so at best. Anxiety-ridden Ivan Kane is driving himself to a nervous breakdown opening a new Forty Deuce club in Vegas. His dancers are drama-stricken beauties whose daily problems range from irresponsibility, immigration Visa problems, twisted ankles, personal demons and boyfriends. It's the brief glimpses of performances and (again) the wardrobe that I watch weekly for.

There's a fine line between sensuality and sexuality. I'd eagerly sit through Forty Deuce performances where I would turn my nose up at a strip club. It's a funny thing...I'm known by now for being a woman of high sex drive. I'm experimental and open-minded, but I have my own standards. You want to know why I don't write much erotica here? I can't. I'm just not the kind of girl comfortable using some of the words that would befit a truly erotic tale. Even my version of "sexy talk" is incredibly mild filled more with breathless whispers and sighs than with dirty words.

I see myself more as sensual than as sexual. While I love to entertain some of the very dirtiest fantasies in my mind, even they are more 9 1/2 Weeks than Debbie Does Dallas - filled with darkened candle-lit rooms, sheer white draperies blowing wildly in gale force winds and slicked bodies arched in mutual ecstasy. I don't imagine conversations featuring words like "cock", "dick" or "pussy". I cringe even typing them and believe me, baby, I am far from shy. I just find them distasteful in my view of erotic. They don't offend me, they just don't suit me either.

But, speaking of things that suit me, here are my choices for fun evening wear. Feel free to buy them all for me, Sugar Daddies.

003 004 005 006 007

Posted by Red :: 11:15 PM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com