The Odd Wife


Thursday, March 17, 2005

Luck of the Irish

5Happy St. Patrick's Day! I've got enough Irish in me to celebrate along with the masses, although it wouldn't stop me if I didn't! But I wouldn't mind a nice dose of that old Irish luck now!

EH continues to battle his cold. He's been grouchy, tired and withdrawn for almost a week. I want him to feel better before I have to strangle him.

It's interesting to take a look at life today versus life one year ago. Last year, at this time, I couldn't stand to be alone in the same room with EH (not that there was much chance of that, he worked every day, all day and night) - we had become strangers. In light of that, and the ensuing drama, it's a wonder that we turned it around the way we have.

I've received loads of emails from wives who experienced situations similar to ours and they always ask me how I survived it. They're still at that point where it feels like your heart might never mend and I feel for them. I have always responded pretty much the same. "luck", "patience", "one day at a time" and "I don't know".

4Today, I can honestly say that I can see past it all. I no longer feel the pain the same way. In the back of my mind is still the memory of what happened and I don't think I trust quite the same...but the hurt has subsided. And truthfully, I don't feel anger towards the other woman anymore either. In truth, she didn't exist for EH...he didn't know her. She was a voice to a fantasy in his mind. The actual woman herself was and is a stranger to him. Now, I don't particularly like her, but the irony is that the reason I feel that way has much more to do with the wars she and I have waged against one another than with her involvement with my husband. But even there, I understand - even if I don't like. Make sense?

Big blarney stone kisses to the Greenies of blogland. Work is busy as ever and I must get back to it. Lunch breaks seem shorter every day!

Posted by Red :: 1:11 PM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com