The Odd Wife


Friday, December 31, 2004

One last smack

You didn't think 2004 was going to end without one last cosmic slap at me, did you?

I'm getting sick.

I've watched those around me, including SG, suffer from a very nasty flu bug in the last 2 weeks. I've seen scores of co-workers miss work and family members slump through the holidays battling this.

And, here it is. My head is stuffy and achy, my neck hurts and I'm stuffy, sniffling, coughing and sneezing.

Fuck you, 2004, I say. And "Fuck you too, Odd Wife" says 2004.

But I will be damned if I am going to succumb. A little cold medication when I get out of work and maybe a brief nap and I am getting back on my feet and moving forward.

In truth, I expected this. Or rather, I expected something. I knew the last day of this hell-year would be sure to suck as much as it could. I expected a flat tire, a car accident...something. I won't be surprised if it delivers sucky delights all the way up to 11:59 pm.

Whatever.

I'm not missing the chance to bid this year adieu in style.

Posted by Red :: 1:29 PM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com