The Odd Wife


Thursday, December 30, 2004

Year End Soul Review

The end is near! (Thank the stars...)

I've bitched enough about how 2004 sucked. That's done. I may sneak in a little more bitching about it, but only through tomorrow. Then it's over and done with.

2005 is going to be a great year. I am going to make sure it is. I'm taking back the control of my life and I'm going to strongly emphasize the good things in life.

There's preparations to be done, and time has not really permitted for early starts. There's a lot of house cleaning, both literal and metaphorical, to be done. I'm actually looking forward to the challenge.

The end of 2004 is for me a huge relief, but I have so much to be grateful for as well. I am so thankful that the end of the year finds me so deeply reconnected to EH. We had a strong marriage/relationship before the problems this year - but nothing compared to what it is today. Nearly losing it all taught us both so much about respect, consideration and love. I've been with EH for 10 years now and I end each night in his arms, thanking the heavens that I can feel his arms around me and know I am loved by such an extraordinary man.

We're going to spend New Year's Eve with our best friends, S & M. We all have babysitter's and we're planning a meal, dancing and then retiring to S & M's home for drinking and debauchery.

I don't expect 2005 to be a magic cure-all, where all of my problems disappear at the stroke of midnight. I believe 2005 will be a "transition" year for me. A year of cleaning up the messes and problems of the past and a year of forward progress. It won't be easy, but it will all be done with great love and hope for a better future.

2005 will also be a year to put myself back together as a person, physically, spiritually, mentally and soul-ly. The diet starts Jan. 1st to shed those baby lbs I've clung to...I've had great success in the past dieting, so this should be cut and dry. Spiritually, I plan to reconnect to my beliefs and better incorporate them into my life through meditation, yoga, etc., mentally I plan to take stock of good and bad traits and rearrange my traits to try to be a better and stronger person. I need to learn to say "no" and mean it and I want to be a better friend to all., Soul-ly, I plan to see what this turns out to be...I just liked the idea of incorporating the "soul" in the sentence.

No matter what changes are to come, I will remain "The Odd Wife" - embracing my eccentricities and quirks proudly.

Posted by Red :: 2:17 PM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com