The Odd Wife


Tuesday, December 28, 2004

A New Year is Coming...

A new year is coming and I have to believe it will be a good one.

In fact, I intend to make it a good one. Sluts, death, suicide-attempts, job downsizing, financial woes and marital problems galore have made 2004 a rotten year. And at the 11:59 pm on 12/31/2004 - I will be giving a dual-middle-finger-salute to it as it fades into history.

Fuck Off, 2004.

Fuck you for being the year my marriage went to shit and some woman came into the picture that had no business in our life.

Fuck you for being the year my happy job was downsized changing my entire life from work at home mom, to struggling 9-to-5'er earning less money with more stress and more expenses.

Fuck you for being the year that we lost the 2nd child we tried for so long to have at mid-term.

Fuck you for being the year EH had a grand mal seizure resulting in a lifetime of medicine that affects him in numerous ways.

Fuck you for being the year that my mother distanced herself from me and attempted suicide.

Fuck you for being the year of countless tears, screams, pain and suffering.

Fuck you for the tsunami too...

And thank you....

Thank you for being the year that let me save my marriage and watched it morph into something far better than it ever was...

Thank you for being the year that I learned how to forgive...

Thank you for being the year that I learned a new job trade.

Thank you for being the year that taught me countless lessons on surviving, grieving, standing tall and moving forward.

See ya, 2004.

I'm just trite enough to make resolutions too...

1. I resolve to get BACK in shape and lose the baby weight I held onto like a memento of my lost baby.

2. I resolve to buy a house...

3. I resolve to continue to strengthen and improve my marriage.

4. I resolve to learn to speak Spanish

5. I resolve to adapt a more positive outlook

6. I resolve to write a novel...even if it sucks horribly...just to say that I did it.

7. I resolve to better balance work and home life.

8. I resolve to spend more quality time with SG

9. I resolve to do all that I can to bring my insane extended family back together.

10. I will host one party.

11. I will paint. And I will hang them up and display them proudly...even if they suck horribly.

12. I will be kinder and friendlier to strangers...

13. I will keep a clean-er house...

14. I will become more organized (if it kills me)

15. I will strive to be the kind of person that people like to know, that people want to know and that people talk about...good or bad.

Posted by Red :: 4:46 PM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com