The Odd Wife


Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Tsunami

At last report they suspected the death toll was now approximately 60,000. News like this just floors me.

It amazes me that I'm sitting in my office, chatting with co-workers about reports and such while a natural disaster powerful enough to kill that many people AND actually alter the earth's rotation and possibly have shortened the day by 3 microseconds has occurred.

I've assembled a few news stories on the disaster...

60,000?!?!?

Floating mattress saves 20-day-old baby from drowning

Quake rattled Earth orbit, changed map of Asia: US geophysicist

Asian Quake Felt in Oklahoma

The World Weeps With You...


Posted by Red :: 3:59 PM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com