The Odd Wife


Friday, February 25, 2005

It's Funny 'Cause It's True

dollI love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life. --- Rita Rudner. I know that feeling. EH and I often delight in annoying one another for extended periods of time. Yesterday was my turn, today is his.

Yesterday, I called EH at lunchtime and said "I just wanted to tell you that I decided not to be grouchy anymore."

"Really?" he asked, sounding doubtful.

"Yep. I'm going to give it my most sincere effort."

And I did. And despite a crazy, stressful day, it worked. The end of the month is always an exciting time in my business - especially a short month like February. I got frustrated, but held it together. When I got home I was low-key, unwinding. EH kept trying to relax me - but I felt fine! He made me a rum runner, talked soothingly to me and kept asking if I was okay. I was starting to wonder if I had some mark on my forehead telling people I was on the edge, because I swear I felt fine! A little tired. Relaxed. Quiet. That's all.

But then EH seduced me in the shower and blew my mind in the bedroom and I was beyond relaxed. I was in awe. Damn, I love that man! Whew!

This morning, he was slightly on the cranky side. Geez. Never bother that man before his coffee. He drinks more than 2 pots of black coffee every morning. It's scary. Before it hits his system, he just stomps and grumbles under his breath a lot. Fortunately, he's cute.

This weekend should be super-cool. We have plans to hang out at a friend's house and just have fun. My best friend's brother is staying with them and he's into numerology and all sorts of interesting things. I'm known for my tarot card reading among friends and everyone is interested to see the brother and I play with our respective divination tools. I'm expecting much good conversation, fascinating subject matter and laughter among friends.

I just have to survive today. Yeesh.

Posted by Red :: 11:02 AM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com