Thursday, January 06, 2005
Yes, I downloaded music files. Lots of them. But I stopped because it was wrong.
Okay, I stopped because I shut down my internet for a while at home.
Anyway, if you peeked through my music files, you would discover they are easily as odd and ecclectic as I am.
Highlights for your insight:
1. I have the entire play list from the musical episode of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and I know every song by heart.
2. I have a ton of freaky disco...Bee Gees, Alicia Bridges, you name it...
3. I have my favorite heavy songs...some Nickleback (I love "Figured You Out"), some Metallica, some Ozzy, some 9 inch nails...
4. I have a ton of alternative music...Morrissey, Pixies, Poe, Weezer, The Smiths, Frou Frou and much, much more.
5. I have Sinatra. Lots of him.
6. I have dozens of songs from The Simpsons (Can you name the truck with 4-wheel drive, smells like a steak and seats 45...Can-yon-ero? Canyonero....!)
7. I have Enya. And Loreena McKennett who sings pagan melodies.
8. I have some Country-Western.
9. I have Pop. No Doubt, Kylie Minogue, Christina Aguilera, Kelly Clarkson, Madonna, Matchbox 20.
10. I have Broadway show tunes from "Chicago" (the original), Fosse, Phantom of the Opera, Rent, and more...
The secret to my musical obsessions is really easy. It's a diary. If I am playing a song over and over...listen to the lyrics. I'm trying to tell you something. Lyrics are what intrigue me...
Posted by Red ::
5:23 PM ::