The Odd Wife


Thursday, January 06, 2005

Musical Honesty

Yes, I downloaded music files. Lots of them. But I stopped because it was wrong.
Okay, I stopped because I shut down my internet for a while at home.

Whatever.

Anyway, if you peeked through my music files, you would discover they are easily as odd and ecclectic as I am.

Highlights for your insight:

1. I have the entire play list from the musical episode of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and I know every song by heart.

2. I have a ton of freaky disco...Bee Gees, Alicia Bridges, you name it...

3. I have my favorite heavy songs...some Nickleback (I love "Figured You Out"), some Metallica, some Ozzy, some 9 inch nails...

4. I have a ton of alternative music...Morrissey, Pixies, Poe, Weezer, The Smiths, Frou Frou and much, much more.

5. I have Sinatra. Lots of him.

6. I have dozens of songs from The Simpsons (Can you name the truck with 4-wheel drive, smells like a steak and seats 45...Can-yon-ero? Canyonero....!)

7. I have Enya. And Loreena McKennett who sings pagan melodies.

8. I have some Country-Western.

9. I have Pop. No Doubt, Kylie Minogue, Christina Aguilera, Kelly Clarkson, Madonna, Matchbox 20.

10. I have Broadway show tunes from "Chicago" (the original), Fosse, Phantom of the Opera, Rent, and more...

The secret to my musical obsessions is really easy. It's a diary. If I am playing a song over and over...listen to the lyrics. I'm trying to tell you something. Lyrics are what intrigue me...

Posted by Red :: 5:23 PM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com