The Odd Wife


Thursday, December 02, 2004

The Writing Thorn

Just to toss my pair of pennies in, the writing is especially difficult for me right now for one primary reason--time. I have zero to work with. (As it stands I'm penning this at The Odd one's office.) The last eve yes, I was up writing to almost midnight, HOWEVER I had not been able to start at it until about ten p.m. That left me with scant time to do some research and writing, all the while knowing the wife was bemused at that very activity. So I cut things short in the hope of appeasement, and that failed as well.

All this week I have been stymied in my attempts:

THUR. Day of the bird, no time spent on it at all
FRI. We were on a movie set all day and came home to collapse
SAT. I had the first idea for the article but never got the chance to start
SUN. A day of errands and visiting family, then a movie 'twix ourselves at night. I jotted some notes while we were doing laundry.
MON. TOW was sick and went to bed early so I got a good portion of the writing down
TUE. A night spent downtown, we ate dinner around 10:30 then hit the rack
WED. with plans to finish the piece we got in late, had shopping to do, another late dinner, and less than 2 hours to work on it.

Tonight it is past 8:00 and we are still at her office, which means no writing tonight either. Curious that we are tense about the same thing for opposite reasons. She's frustrated that I'm writing and I'm frustrated for not being able to write.

Posted by Anonymous :: 8:02 PM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com