The Odd Wife


Thursday, December 02, 2004

Funny Thoughts

This actually happened last year, but it gave me such a laugh that I reflect on it from time to time for a chuckle.

Before my mother went crazy...or bi-polar...or whatever syndrome du jour we're in now - she and I were extremely close. She's still very young - and looks even younger - so we used to go out dancing and have an amazing time. We went to The Parrot for drinks one night - a world famous Fort Lauderdale bar/restaurant located in a plaza on the beach. We parked in the only open space in front of the Pink PussyCat (an adult sexy toy store). For laughs, we went inside and were wandering the store ooooohing and aaaaaahing over the funny and funky things. Penis lamps make me smile, I can't help it.

My mother was so busy laughing with me that she backed into a wall of dildos and they came raining down by the dozens over the both of us. Again...I wish to hell I was making this stuff up, but this really happens to me.

I can occasionally be a quick wit and tonight I was "on". So as penises poured down on our heads I remarked "Oh my god, it's like a prom night flashback! Penises everywhere!"

The lady at the register who was rushing to our rescue dropped on the ground laughing and my mother just stood staring at me open-mouthed.

Mom found it funny too. Later. Much later. Like after-a-few-drinks later. Oh well. We've often played on the line from Practical Magic and said "Since when is it a crime to be a slut in this family?"

Good times. I miss "Fun Mom". This new "Suicidal, Depressive, Bi-Polar Mom" is just no fun.

Posted by Red :: 1:31 PM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com