The Odd Wife


Wednesday, December 01, 2004

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Lights are twinkling. Holiday music fills the air. My own office holiday party is scheduled for this Friday. But...does it feel like Christmas???

Sadly, no.

It feels like this year has flown by. Somewhere around September, someone hit fast forward and the days are a blur. I can not even conceive of the idea that Halloween has come and gone and here comes Christmas? Say it ain't so, ho-ho-ho.

I don't want to be Grinchy. When I close my eyes and imagine Christmas, I see myself baking gingerbread cookies, decorating a tree...wearing a sweater!

But it's a balmy 80 here. And my sweater is feeling a bit too warm.

I need some holiday spirit fast! Last night TEH, SG and I went to Christmas on Las Olas, an annual tradition of ours. It just felt forced. It didn't feel cozy and tingly like Christmas should feel.

I'm buying some pine scented air freshener tonight. And cookie mix.

Where are you, Christmas?

Posted by Red :: 4:25 PM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com