The Odd Wife


Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Visions of Sugar Plums

The air is chilled ever so slightly (hey, it IS Florida), the trunk is loaded with purchased gifts, the tree is lit, the ornaments hung...

So, why am I lacking the season's spirit? I want to feel the rush of the holiday - but I'm so busy with worries and stresses and last minute shopping and frankly, I just don't feel like it. I really hope my attitude can improve in the next day or so. I think it's because I put everything off and I have some financial worries.

Whatever.

Happy first day of winter, by the way...

I'm focusing pretty eagerly on New Year's. As I've said before, I need to put 2004 in the past and make a new start. I'm much more excited about that date, even over Christmas. I want to make sure the new year is much improved and that next Christmas finds me in a better place.

I am very fond of traditions, especially self-made traditions. For us, it's funnel cakes for breakfast on Thanksgiving, for example, or filling a wooden shoe with treats on December 6th for Sinterklaus Day.

But I am wondering what your favorite holiday traditions are. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Do you have some silly or sentimental tradition in your family?

Posted by Red :: 8:52 AM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com