The Odd Wife


Monday, November 01, 2004

The MEAN Wife?

M (my best friend) said to me today that she needed mean lessons. I asked her why on earth she would think I am qualified to help? She said I always dream up the perfect response.

Come to think of it, that was kind of mean in itself...

But, it's also true. I have a knack for knowing the right response to someone to knock them down a peg or set them straight. I dream up the ideal remark that is cutting and witty and just perfect.

Problem is, I am too much of a wimp to deliver it. Sure, I'll tell Mindy or my husband about it later, but I never have the guts to SAY it when it needs to be said. I'm such a non-confrontational wuss.

So, maybe I need mean lessons too.

Fuck you.

See? I'm trying.

Posted by Red :: 4:46 PM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com