The Odd Wife


Monday, November 15, 2004

Greener Grasses and Smaller Asses...

One of my favorite daily reads Married and Defeated posted some thoughts that got me thinking about greener grasses.

The timing is perfect since Hubby and I just touched on this last night while cuddling.

I believe in many things. I believe in magic, not the Siegfried and Roy kind, but the real deal, I believe in a higher power, I believe in love and dreams, I believe in following your heart and I believe in living a life you can be proud of.

I believe in soul mates. But I also believe you can have a million of them.

My husband is (in my opinion) my soul mate. In his arms, I feel like I am "home". When a crisis occurs, in my blind panic or sheer agony, I only want to get to him as quickly as possible to be safe again.

I've met many people that I have experience connections with. I have male friends that I love dearly. Could I imagine a romantic life with them? Yeah, I guess. But what would be the point?

My husband is everything I want. Sure, other guys possess the same qualities - but they don't have the 10 years of history that we share. Another man will never sit with me and laugh over things our daughter has done. Another man will never be privy to the 5,000+ private jokes we share. Another man will never understand my trillions of quirks and the art of "handling" me when I am difficult.

Another man could never be my husband.

There are sacrifices. This has been a difficult year that has truly tested both of our strengths and given life to our deepest, darkest fears. There have been many tears this year. But we overcame and still we are standing strong.

This is where I want to be. This is where I know I belong.

There can always be other people that are attractive, more successful, appealing, etc. Women with bigger breasts and smaller asses. Men with bigger...bank accounts and, well, you get the picture...but not one of them can replace what we spent 10 years building.

The grass may be greener, but I like the view from my side of the yard much better.


Posted by Red :: 2:16 PM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com