The Odd Wife


Wednesday, November 17, 2004

No, NOT too much

Some things to explain. Yes, I freely admit The Odd one has a rather heady appetite, one that exceeds my own. That is not to say that I have a diminished drive, just that my wife is almost always ON, and I therefore feel like one of those rare coaches who has too many quarterbacks to choose from for a game—it is a “problem” most would like to have. However this blessing is not without some difficulty from time to time.

As you can see from her own post The Wife on occasion has reservations about this reality. Her qualm is that I do not initiate enough, and I explain it is most often due to the fact that before I get a chance I have her tongue in my mouth. As an example: She told me that Monday night she would not have minded if I had asked her for some attention, even though she was off the market for a few days. Now this follows a day of mostly misery for her, then coming home and feeling tired and worn out. From my angle I didn’t feel right nudging her awake and seeing how she felt about servicing me at that point, and I thought I was being considerate. My mistake. (Now I know better, and next month I will not accept any excuses.)

We had a protracted discussion about how women are known for needing to be seduced in their mind in order to be seduced in the body, and that this is an area in which I am lacking. I amended that chestnut to read “most women”. When she drops onto my lap wearing naught but a smile I’m sorry that at that moment I’m not complimenting her earrings and working on a clever opening line. Her solution therefore is that she will withhold affection in order for me to take more direct action. She feels it would be days, if not weeks before I take the initiative. Not only is she seriously wrong about that, but I know she cannot hold out for that long.


Posted by Anonymous :: 9:51 AM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com