The Odd Wife


Monday, January 10, 2005

The Simple Things...

Sometimes it's the simple things that make you smile the widest.

This weekend was quiet and low-key for us. As an "always-on-the-run" family, I welcomed a slower pace. Saturday was slow and lazy, our only real outing was a movie and Sunday was a brief promenade around the art festival in our neighborhood.

But when someone asks how my weekend was, I feel myself glow inside.

I remember sitting side by side on the couch, watching a DVD and beginning to toy with the chocolate, whipped cream and digital camera. I remember us laughing and grinning.

I remember the feel of his skin against me.

I remember folding laundry by him while he watched football, and slapping his hand away when he tried to help because I thought he deserved a break.

I remember cuddling in the morning.

I remember the sly flirtatious smiles we exchanged in the movie theater.

I remember lots of laughter. On the way to the movie, he put a football game on the radio. He knows I hate that. So I said, "If you were on a hot date with this really hot girl that you wanted to be with, would you put the game on the radio?" To which he replied, "I am on a hot date with a hot girl that I want to be with - and yes, I would." We both laughed.

I wonder if it's abnormal to be so very much in love with a person you've been married to for almost 10 years. It's not the old shoe, comfortable love but rather has all the tingles and excitement of a school-girl crush for me. And I have good reason to believe it's mutual.

There was so much sex this weekend that we were both sore by Sunday and the new joke became "Don't touch me!". EH said, "I did it. I finally wore her out!"

Readers, we've commented on it but I think it bears posting about...no, I am not cheating on my husband. No, I am not lying to EH or our child at every turn to slip out, screw around, come home and write it all down for your enjoyment. And for that, I may never have the excitement of other blogs. But this is my life, take it or leave it, and I happen to love it.

It has not always been good. In fact, not so long ago it was a regular soap opera. Having survived the drama, I find myself in a better place. With a better man. And I am in love, love, love...so much in love.

Hey, has anyone noticed I haven't had any freakishly dramatic odd things happen lately??? Boy, did I just jinx myself or what?

My cell phone is ringing - the ringtone is "Dancing Queen" and EH is on the line...

No offense, but I'd rather go talk mush-mush with EH.


Posted by Red :: 1:56 PM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com