The Odd Wife


Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Thanksgiving with TEH and TOW - Part Deux

TEH's post, written by him last night and given to me on floppy disk to upload at work, brought tears to my eyes and a flutter to my heart.

It's true, this year has been the hardest I have ever experienced. Things I believed in were destroyed, people I trusted betrayed me, a brand-new life was lost...every belief I had was shaken up and tested and tried.

I've had no choice but to emerge from this different. In some ways, for the better. In some ways, I still have a bit more to learn. But the point is that 2004 has been a bit of a quest.

There were several times I thought about Thanksgiving in the past few weeks. I realize that this year, I will be among the few in the world that really get it this year. I'm very much in the "It's a Wonderful Life" state of mind where I realize how easily I took things forgranted in the past and how very much they do mean to me. I will be thankful for things in a way that can only truly come from someone who has faced losing every one of them.

So, this year the holiday has a bit more meaning for me. And while I will be among the most thankful - I will also be partying my ASS off on New Year's Eve to see 2004 bite the dust and become history!

Posted by Red :: 9:24 AM :: |
---------------------------------------
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Free Counter
Web Site Counter Take the MIT Weblog Survey Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com